The BNP Paribas Group is committed to delivering the best possible service to you while maintaining the confidence that you place in us. As part of this, we take care to protect your data when you use any of our services and have adopted strong principles across the Group to ensure the protection of your data.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website axepta.bnpparibas (the “Website”). This Cookies Policy will also explain what cookies are and help to provide you with options on how to manage or delete them.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed on your device when you access our Website. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website (e.g. language, time zone etc.);
- Monitor your use of our Website in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website to your interest and providing more relevant BNP Paribas ads and content to you on non-BNP Paribas websites and non-BNP Paribas applications.
2. What kinds of cookies do we use?
Cookies used on our Website and/or Application are classified into different categories.
2.1 Strictly necessary cookies (mandatory)
These cookies are necessary for the Website and/or Application to work, and enable you to move around the Website and use the services and features. They include, for example, cookies that collect session ID and authentication data. This category also includes cookies that help us to comply with our legal obligations, including ensuring a safe online environment (e.g. detecting repeated failed login attempts to prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your account).
2.2 Preference cookies (subject to your consent)
These cookies allow the Website to remember the choices you made in order to provide functionalities to your benefit. For example, preference cookies are used to collect information about your language and other preferences indicated during your visit on our Website. This enables us to improve your Website experience.
2.3 Analytics cookies (subject to your consent, except in some circumstances)
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website and/or Application when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
2.4 Targeting, advertising and tracking cookies (subject to your consent)
These cookies are used to provide you with adverts more tailored to you and your interests. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
We may also share this information with third parties through the use of third party cookies. Such information would be used by third parties for online advertising purposes, including to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, for frequency capping (i.e. to limit the number of times you see an advertisement), ad affiliation, click fraud detection, market research, product improvement, debugging and any other purpose. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
We may also use tracking cookies or device fingerprinting techniques to link your account on the Website and/or Application with a specific device or multiple devices.
2.5 Social media and streaming content cookies (subject to your consent)
Our Website may include streaming content hosted by a third party online content provider (e.g. YouTube or Dailymotion) or social media plug-ins.
We provide further details regarding these third party cookies and how you can manage your preferences in respect of these types of cookies in section 5 below.
3. Who places the cookies on your device (i.e. BNP Paribas Group or third party provider)?
When selecting which cookie(s) you are allowing on your device, please note that the cookies used on our Website can originate from us or from third parties (those are generally related to analytics functionalities or social media platform integrations). From a practical point of view, this means that when you allow third party-cookies to be placed on your device, that said third-party might have access to certain information about you (such as, for instance, your browsing statistics when you are allowing third-party analytics cookies).
Cookies may be placed on your devices by us, however they may also be placed directly by third parties when you use our Website in order for the relevant third party to:
- provide us with services allowing us to optimize our Website; or
- allow you to access content from third parties.
4. What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to time limitations: the webpages you have visited on that device; the advertisements you have clicked on; the type of browser you use; your IP address; and any other information that you have provided on our Website.
5. How can you manage cookies?
- managing your cookie preferences: as set out in section 5.1 below;
- configuring your browser’s privacy settings: please refer to section 5.2 and your browser’s “Help” function to learn more about these cookie controls; and/or
- reviewing third party websites: this will enable you to check how to manage cookie preferences on non-BNP Paribas sites – please see section 3 for further details on third party cookies.
Please note that we do not need your consent to use strictly necessary cookies which are cookies which are strictly necessary to run the relevant Website. This is why the ‘strictly necessary cookies’ option is already ticked for you in our cookies preference tool and is not an optional feature. It is also worth noting that, by not accepting certain cookies (e.g. preference cookies), you may prevent us from optimizing your experience on our Website, and some parts of them may not function ideally as a result.
If you change your mind about your chosen cookies preferences, you may update your preferences at any time, either as set out in section 5.1 or by changing your browser settings accordingly.
5.1 Manage your cookie preferences for the Website specifically
To provide your express consent for us to use certain categories of cookies as outlined in this Cookies Policy, you can tick the optional boxes provided in our cookies preferences tool which you can access anytime at [wpgdprc_consents_settings_link]My settings[/wpgdprc_consents_settings_link].
Please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time.
5.2 Manage your general cookies preferences through the browser settings
You can also configure cookies settings though your internet browser. For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your internet browser.
- Your browser settings can be modified at any time.
- Depending on the type of browser you have, you may configure your settings to block certain types of cookies, or cookies from certain sources, or to notify you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer, so you can then accept or reject it; and/ or you can activate the incognito mode or the “Do Not Track” option.
- If you enable “remember username” on your browser settings, your login credentials may be stored on your browser even after you have terminated a session on our websites.
- If you use various browsers to access our Website, your preferences regarding cookies must be specified on each of them.
- If your device is used by many people or offers various browsers, it is possible that your cookies preferences may not be taken into account permanently, either because you used a different browser or because someone modified your cookies settings. We are unable to control these factors and therefore cannot guarantee the permanence of the choices you make.
5.3 Further information
You can find more general information about cookies and how they can be managed (i.e. information which does not necessarily relate to our Website and/or Application) at Your online choices, published by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France (IAB).
On this website you will find information about how behavioral advertising works, further information about advertising cookies and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet. For example, it contains useful guidance on how to deactivate certain cookies for participating third-party companies.
6. Show all Cookies
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them in the table below:
6.1 Cookies placed by us (first party cookies)
|Cookie name||Cookie type||Description (purpose)||Retention period|
|PHPSESSID||Strictly necessary cookies||These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, and enable you to move around the Website and use their services and features. They include, for example, cookies that collect session ID and authentication data. |
Disabling these cookies will reduce the performance of the Website and may make their services and features unavailable.
This cookies category also includes cookies that help us to comply with our legal obligations, including ensuring a safe online environment (e.g. detecting repeated failed login attempts to prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your account).
|Just the session|
|wpgdprc-constent-3||Preference cookies||These cookies allow the Website to remember the choices you made in order to provide functionality for your benefit. |
For example, preference cookies are used to collect information about your language preferences and other preferences indicated during your visit. This enables us to improve your Website experience.
Your consent to the placing of any not strictly necessary cookies is voluntary and can be withdrawn at any time.
To grant or refuse your consent for all cookies at once, please click on one of the following buttons [wpgdprc_consents_settings_link]My settings[/wpgdprc_consents_settings_link].